Monday, February 3, 2014

Out for a while, now I'm back.

Life has certainly been interesting over the last 8 months.

The architecture business has been very slow.  So slow that I had enough time (and so little money coming in) that getting a job was a possibility (lo necessity).

Having been enrolled in the Portland Community College Welding Technology Program for the last two years, and trained in GTAW (TIG welding) with Aluminum, Stainless Steel and Mild Steel last spring, I sought out and found a job using that process in July.  I worked at a custom metal fabrication shop putting together stainless steel commercial countertops and various other things such as display items for retail stores.  Due to the low rate of pay coupled with architectural work appearing on the horizon, I quit in January.  But not after getting a lot of experience in both Stainless and Mild Steel fabrication and finishing.





My last quarter in the Associates of Welding Technology program ends in March and as my capstone project I am developing a number of downspout fountains and creating the web infrastructure to sell them on line.  Metal sculpture and design and fabrication is a long desired facet of Drumheller Design Studios which is coming into being.

More as news happens.